The vision of BBB is “an ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers can trust each other”, and our mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust.
It was with that in mind we launched our annual awards program to recognize those businesses committed to ethical and sound practices in the marketplace. Every year, we encourage businesses to be nominated or submit to receive Better Business Bureau of Central Oklahoma’s Torch Award for Ethics.
Your BBB has created and enhanced the Torch Awards for Ethics program to one that emphasizes the importance of ethical practices, as well as, showcases the efforts being made by businesses that validate their commitment to increasing trust in the marketplace. Because of their efforts and accomplishment we have ensured that each winner will have a distinctive opportunity for acknowledgment and public recognition of their achievement.
Being selected as a BBB Torch Award winner is an honor and includes the following recognition:
- Inclusion in a press release announcing winners.
- Announcements made via BBB’s social media channels.
- Lifetime use of the BBB Torch Award Seal
- Winners are required to maintain at least a “B” rating with BBB
- Torch Award trophy presentation by BBB.
- Website recognition.
- Listing on our Torch Award recipients page
- As long as “B” rating is maintained
- Qualified to enter the International BBB Torch Awards for Ethics
Am I eligible?
The Torch Award is open to for-profit, 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) non-profit organizations of all sizes physically located within sponsoring BBB service areas. Firms need not be BBB Accredited. 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations must complete the BBB Charitable Standards Evaluation process, and currently meet all BBB Standards for Charity Accountability.